Friday, December 17, 2010

"I'ma movement by myself, BUT I'ma FORCE When WE're TOGETHER..."


Video Song: "Nothing On You (DJ Rob Dinero Remix)" - B.o.B. ft. Bruno Mars
__________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys,

Jess & I booked our venue for our FIRST Networking/Blog Launch Party that will take place on 1/11/11 – we will be donating half of our proceeds to the Make-a-Wish Foundation! Stay tuned for more information.This will def be an event you don’t want to miss! So make sure you save the DATE!

Ok So…

December 12th was the music video release of  Supanova’s "Doce De Diciembre", which was directed by Johnny Rose and marks the beginning of my acting career :p (lol). I was very anxious to see the finish project & I am thrilled with the result. Its up to over a 1,000 views on youtube in less then two days - that’s pretty impressive for an independent artist. Supanova (Austine Martinez) started his singing career as a backup singer with his father- Dominican salsa legend - Raulin Rosendo. So there’s no doubt that that musical talent runs through his veins. Supanova and Johnny Rose also collaborated on the latin remix of “Hold Yuh” (originally performed by Gyptian). You should take a look at that one too, its one of my FAVES!

If you haven’t seen the “Doce De Diciembre” video click here and let me know what you think =)A BIG THANK YOU & HUG for everyone who supported the song and video. Please continue the love, so it can air on MTV Tr3s and Mun2!!  





Here's my quick little Q&A with SupaNova

How do you describe your music to people? I honestly have no set definition to describe my music because I don't like to label my music..but I can tell you that it will always have urban elements to it.
 
Is Doce De Diciembre based on a true experince? It honestly was not from a personal experience, but when I wrote the song along with my brother, we wanted to do a love song that had a NYC feel to it with some latin urban flavor...
 
Did you come up with the storyline? and if so did it come out the way you wanted it to? The storyline was the idea of the director Johnny Rose. He thought it would be interesting if we did a video where he plot suddenly turns near the end. It actually made the message of the song that much more powerful!
 
Why did you pick Johnny Rose to direct your last two videos? He's been a friend and a supporter from the beginning of my career and it only made sense that I worked with him...He actually came to me and said "Yo we are doing the video..like tomorrow!"
 
And lastly but not least did you enjoy kissing me ;)? lol You were such a good sport and a professional at the video shoot. You withstood very cold weather, long hours, and lots of traveling around the city..and the kiss was indeed enjoyable..but what was most enjoyable was how down to earth and easy she made the video shoot. We had great chemistry at the shoot! --- Nice to hear ;) lol

--------


Here’s some one on one time with Director Johnny Rose, who’s known for directing music videos for both ‘up and coming’ and ‘established’ urban artists! (He recently just did Ricky Blaze’s Music Video “Just You and I”)

What's your personal opinion of "Doce De Dicembre"'s video - did it come out the way you planned it? It actually came out a 'lil better than I expected. Nova gave a strong acting performance as well as you. There was a chemistry there that I did not expect. You both rocked.
 
How do you prepare to direct a music video? I start of by listening to the track as much as I could to try and come up wit a concept then visualize it. After that then we scout locations and plan to shoot.
 
What does it take to get your final seal of approval on a music video you directed? I am first and foremost a fan of music. So the video has to make my eyes feel the music the way music make my ears feel. (If that makes any sense) LOL!
  
What's your view on music videos today? A lot of great creative stuff is being done.

Make sure you check out johnnyrosefilms.com. It was great working with these amazing, self-driven, professional & talented men. Thank you Raul (Supanova's bro) for selecting me! Love ya xoxox

Oh one more thing....

SCENE STEALERS is going to undergo a makeover! speaking of a whole new look.... I have a couple of pics that I need help on determining my new look for the new year. 

Here are my options:

CHOICE 1 - blondie
CHOICE 2 - brownish/blondish bob


CHOICE 3 - Dark Bob






WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!?!? COMMENT PLEASE LOL 

Co-worker/Chappy Sister Maryam & I
xo, Samantha


Song of the week is ..duh!? "Doce De Diciembre" - Supanova




____________


What's Up!

Drinks at our holiday party
With the holidays fast approaching, of course we had our own celebration here at Urban Latino!  This year our holiday party took place at Don Coqui (which is owned by Jimmy Rodriguez) in New Rochelle.  We had a great time discussing with our co-workers and friends all of our accomplishments this year and our goals for next year. 2011 will definitely be a great year not only for Urban Latino, but for Scene Stealers too!!  Samantha and I have so many things that we want to accomplish and better believe we have the drive to do it...so watch out for us!! 

That same night (12/8) we went to celebrity hot spot Covet. We had an awesome time with our linesister Christina and co-worker Angela.  We even bumped into Brandy again...with her boo Terrance J.  
My Sigma LSs (Tati & Nati) w/ me & some of DK
Friday night, I headed to Le Neve's Restaurant and Banquet Hall for to celebrate Lambda Theta Alpha - Sigma Chapter's (William Patterson University) 17th Anniversary.  It was a great night full of memories and a celebration of all the achievements Sigma has made throughout the years. It was definitely awesome to see the founding sisters of the chapter there...being a founder myself, I know it'll mean a lot to me to come back to St. John's University after 17 years to see all the great things my chapter has brought to campus. It was a wonderful night, my date was a good sport (lol), music was fun and the food delicious. 

So at this point in my weekend, I started getting sick...but do you think that stopped me? NO -__-. I couldn't take it in my house any longer and had to go out.  Its not that my house is a horrible place to be or even that my family was getting on my nerves...its that I honestly have no form of entertainment in my room other than a stereo.  Yes, thats right...I have no laptop (sadly it passed, may it RIP), no gaming systems and no television in my room.  So quite frankly I no other choice then to either sleep or go out (lol). That night I went to Retreat with Christina, for her co-worker's birthday.  The lounge is small but plays great music! I even got hit on my a promoter there...very unsuccessfully I may add (lol).

Sunday I got up bright and early to get some business done and spend some quality time with my chapter, Delta Kappa at St. John's. After that my linesisters Christi, Samantha and I went to Hooters for some wings, beer and football!  Not a bad way to spend a Sunday (lol).

Anyway, as you can tell in our video, Samantha and I just realized that Christmas is next week ::bbm can't watch face:: I have done absolutely no shopping (smh), but I found this great site to help me with my very last minute shopping. Check it out gifts.com.  It's super helpful because you can search for gift ideas based on personalities and age...and there's even some really cool stuff that I would never have thought of. 

After Christmas, comes New Years (oh boy).  I can't wait for the new year!!! I want to do something different with my look...starting with my hair.  My hair is super long right now (at least I think so) and I'm thinking I'm going to cut it...like drastically (lol).  Samantha and I found this site, where you can upload a picture of yourself and generate new hair styles and etc.  Check out my looks and let me know which one's you think look best on me!! Your help is greatly appreciated (lol)!

Option 1
Option 2


Option 3

Well that's all for now...we have some cool stuff for you next week and maybe an announcement or two...so look out for it!  Have a great weekend =)
Maryam (co-worker & chapter sister) & I


xo, Jessica











___________________________________________________________

Check us out on 


No comments:

Post a Comment