Friday, December 24, 2010

Good Music, Good Food & Good Company...Happy Holidays!



 Video Song: "Night by Night" - Chromeo
____________________________________________________________

Hey Guys,
 

I hope you all did your Christmas shopping and didn’t wait LAST minute like I did -_______-. I had no time with everything that’s going on. Nonetheless this week was short but still pretty eventful.

We are currently working with Chef Frank Maldonado the executive chef of Sazon Restaurant. Personally I’m THRILLED with this opportunity, because I love him!! He always takes care of me with not only delish meals but with unbelievable words of encouragement when it comes to …LIFE. Part of me doing what I do is to see others happy... I love helping out a dream & sure enough Chef Frank’s touching his dreams one by one. I booked him a couple of interviews to promote his appearance on Food Network’s “Throwdown with Bobby Flay” Empanada style. They aired his “Throwdown” on Wednesday December 22! Jess and I along with our “wolfpack” went to the Puerto Rican Restaurants for the Viewing party. It was a great time celebrating his debut on a huge network. He actually loses :/ but there are rumors that it was fixed. Anywho, If you guys missed it, tune in on Christmas Day at 7pm he will be on again… I’m telling you, you will FALL IN LOVE with his incredible personality and of course the Empanadas!! 

Amongst the crowd was our Boss Jorge Cano-Moreno, Singer Zeitlin Perez and Joshua Torrez omg! You guys have to check him out!!! I’m telling you click here to read more about him. This artist is incredible, he is so young and talented but has an old but wise soul that transfers into his songs. His music takes me way back … way before my time .. like Al Green time. Jess and I went to R bar to check his performance out on Tuesday and when he went on stage he had the ability to command EVERYONES attention in a matter of seconds, leaving everyone astonished - His performance literally gave me goosebumps! Torrez recently debut his solo acoustic album titled “The Cuts”-- It’s actually not digitally corrected, meaning it’s untouched, just pure good music! You can find it on Urban Latino.

So remember the lavishing pink makeup party we covered a couple of blogs ago?.... Well we just got word that the first stop on the Ayari Makeup Tour will be February 26, 2011 in New York City! Check this out --Ladies I’m telling you, you its worth it.

Ok guys thats all from me!! also keep in mind that positive energy (Family, Friends ect), laughter & love… is all you need to be complete. Fortunately I can say I have that, to me thats the best present in the world =)

                                                Merry Christmas to you all !


P.S- Congrats to my lovely Linesister Heather for giving birth to a beautiful little princess, Alexis Andrea Arechiga! She is toooooo precious. To think we were all once that little before <3 Cheers to new beginnings.


Oh & my song of the week... Santa Baby- Marilyn Monroe...  "I been an awful good girl so hurry down the chimmney tonight" ;) 

xo, Samantha







__________


What's Up!

It's almost Christmas time and to get us in the holiday spirit, we spent this week listening to good music, eating tasty food and spending our time with awesome company =)

Joshua Torrez
It all started Tuesday night at R Bar with a live performance from Joshua Torrez. Hailing from Chicago, Joshua Torrez has just recently started his career and has already left his imprint in the world. While he graduated with a BFA in Fine Art with a focus on acting from The Theatre School at DePaul University, Joshua has never neglected his other passion - music. Since he didn't really know how to go about starting a music career, he went out into the street with a hat at his feet and started singing songs he enjoyed, while once in awhile throwing in his own. That's how he got recognized...how crazy is that! A man by the name of Timur approached him, became his manager...and voilà! he was doing 3 hour set at a local bar.  Since then Joshua has been performing live music at various venues. 

His performance with his band on Tuesday was awesome. Everyone was swaying to his music and even asked for an encore when his set was over. His style of music reminds me of Bruno Mars but bluesier. To check out his music, visit his website JoshuaTorrez.com and catch him live at various venues in NYC.  You can also listen to him as part of the newly formed collective Art For Money with Omar Davis "CrashPlanet" (vocalist/guitarist), Zeitlin Perez (vocalist), Jesse Pantoja (percussionist) and producers Momar Clemons and Ramon Silva. They'll be at Creole on January 20th and then at Sazon on January 25th.  

The "Pack"
Wednesday night Samantha and I, along with our "pack" (lol) held our holiday dinner and secret Santa gift exchange at Sazon.  While we were there we caught the premiere of Sazon's executive chef, Chef Frank Maldonado's appearance on Food Network's "Throwdown with Bobby Flay!".  In the episode, Bobby Flay challenged Chef Frank to an empanada duel.  It was great to see Chef Frank doing his thing in the kitchen - he has such a passion for food!  Unfortunately, Bobby Flay's version of the Puerto Rican staple won over the judges...but Chef Frank's empanadas are delicious (he treated his viewing party attendees to his mouthwatering treats)! 

We had a great dinner and very...entertaining conversations (lol).  Afterwards, we headed to R Bar once again for "Beats & Brands Holiday Party & Sample Sale" hosted by Nina Sky, MadeMe and NastyOnes. Nicole got behind the DJ booth to provide the tunes, Belvedere Vodka supplied the drinks and brands: MadeMe, Legendary Damon, Kerin Rose, Cubannie Links, Endless Noise, Funky Fannys and Kweens Destroy delivered the fashion. The atmosphere was very funky and creative...an overall great end to the night.

Well there's my recap of the week...I have to get out of here now to finish my Christmas shopping (::bbm can't watch face::)! I'm so dreading it since I know all the shopping centers and stores will be a complete zoo...smh, but I only have two more people on my list and Christmas Eve is tomorrow!

Alexis Andrea =)
So with that...may your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill! Merry Christmas everyone...be sure to have fun and spend it with all your loved ones!!

P.S. I want to congratulate my lovely linesister Heather and her husband Sergio on their gorgeous baby girl, Alexis Andrea. The little princess was born December 18th at 12:40am at 7 lbs. 4 oz. and 19 inches.  <3

 


xo, Jessica






______________________________________________________

P.S. Please Save The Date! #EPIC



_____________________________________________________________________

Check us out on

No comments:

Post a Comment