Thursday, November 4, 2010

The "Creeps" Come Out at Night...SMH



 Video Song: I'm Single (DJ G-Wiz Deaf Bootleg Remix) - Lil' Wayne
 _____________________________________________________



Hey Guys!


-_-
The "creeps come out at night”, (::hmph::) they sure do, and I’m not just talking about on Halloween! This week's blog is a little more personal for Jess and I (-_-). I definitely saw someone's true colors this past weekend and I truly don’t understand! I really don’t. I feel like people do so many WRONG things without thinking and when they finally realize what they did was wrong, they either:

a) Try hard to come back & MESS up again

b) Give excuses

c) Run away from the problem or

d) Act like nothing happened

Ugh, I don’t get it!!! Can someone please help me understand? Or are we just wayyy to attached to our emotions?!

Anyhoo...

My career is my main focus at the moment, so when situations like these occur, it gives me more motivation to strive for my dreams without any distractions! Unfortunately, this past week was “non-exciting”, there weren't any events to cover but a lot of office work. I worked on keeping my database updated and becoming "constant contact" swavvy (lol). If any of you are in a promotional/marketing gig I definitely recommend you signup, it's a great way to blast your events/emails!

Chiva
Halloween was "OK" this year. Friday, I went on a Chiva (Colombian party bus) with my ladies!

Chivas are internationally recognized as a symbol of Colombian culture (my heritage). In the 20th century, chivas were used in to transport people and good, but NOW they're for having a good time! It’s crazy how times change, huh?

On Saturday, we went to Beer Garden in Queens...there were a lot of Snookies & Pauly D's (oh yeaaaaa) on sight. Unfortunately, I wasn't really feeling the music (I'm not a techno person). Later, we left and met up with Jess. We went to this hookah lounge on Steinway. We had a very calm night welcoming in Halloween. On Halloween, I went to the parade in the City. The parade was filled with bright, fun, scary looking floats and people. However, I didn’t really see that many creative costumes other than the...again…the “Jersey Shore” characters. I honestly think the costume manufacturers need to change it up a bit for next year.
with Snookie lol

Well I’m sorry that this week wasn’t as interesting as others, but this goes to show that nothing is perfect and it’s ok! Life is all about ups and downs…but one thing that you can count on is that it GOES ON! So I can’t wait to see what’s coming our way!!!


Got your heart racing! ;)




Song of the week: “Happy” - Leona Lewis (Such a beautiful song)


 xo, Samantha




__________  



What's Up!  

It's been a really slow week...like extremely slow...and boring (**bbm yawn face**).

So my Halloween activities were very low-key compared to past Halloween excursions.  I didn't even purchase a costume this year...I know, I know horrible (lol), but it didn't stop me from being in the Halloween spirit.  

Friday night, I went out with my best friend Kristan to see Paranormal Activity 2.  We saw the first one together, so we figured it'd be cool to catch up a bit and see the sequel...well technically the prequel.  I don't really want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet, but I might (lol)...so beware as you read!  

Paranormal Activity 2 Poster
Paranormal Activity 2 is a little bigger, a little scarier and a little busier than its predecessor...but only it's a tad better.  The film follows a family, after the birth of their son, who after experiencing what they think are "break-ins" set up security cameras around their home.  They later realize that the events taking place in their home are something way more sinister than a robber. Unlike the first, there aren't any exorcisms or medium rendezvous... at least not until the family dog has a seizure and the mother of the household shows up with unexplained bite marks. This all leads up to a rather clever conclusion which not only brings resolution to Paranormal Activity 2 but actually bookends the original, further explaining exactly what happened to the couple, Micah and Katie, and why.  

It was slow at times, but it had it moments...I definitely jumped a few times...and possibly even got a little nervous whenever I heard noises at home (lol **bbm can't watch face).  It a fun movie and if you enjoyed the first one...you'll be entertained with this one.


Headless Horseman Hayride & Haunted Houses
Sunday night, I headed up to Ulister Park (part of the historic haunted Hudson Valley) to experience the Headless Horseman Hayride and Haunted Houses.  It's been named the #1 Hayride in America by American Airlines Magazine, as well as the #1 Haunted Attraction in the country by Haunt World Magazine...while also receiving top 10 national rankings from CNBC, AOL, USA Today, Fangoria Magazine and "named #1 on the planet by The New York Daily News." So I was definitely excited!!

The Headless Horseman
The attraction included a mile long hayride, a labyrinth styled corn maze and 5...yes 5...professionally created haunted houses.  I had a great time.  The lines were a little long, but they moved fairly quickly.  The hayride had an interesting storyline (which changes every year) and was had me clenching on to my friend's arm, nervous that something would pop our from behind a tree or prop. The cornfield kept me wondering what was going to happen next...I even had an incident where someone jumped out next to me and caused to me give out a little scream and fall to the ground (lol **bbm embarassed face).  The haunted houses were awesome and had me frightened....yes I am a little scaredy cat (lol). Definitely go check it out next year, you'll have fun...its open on weekends all throughout the month of October (and the last 2 weekends in Sept.) and is only $33 (a great deal for 7 attractions!). 

That was my weekend, I hope everyone enjoyed themselves this Halloween!
Dressed a Kitty Kat Saturday night

My song of the week: "I Used to Love H.E.R." - Common

xo, Jessica







______________________________________________ 



We're proud to announce that "Scene Stealers" is an official media sponsor for  
Ayari's Makeup Tour Launch Party!

Tickets are still available!! Be sure to get yours today!!! 
Visit: Ayari Makeup Tour to purchase tickets.  

General Admission includes:
 
Complimentary PINK drinks by NUVO, VITAMIN WATER + SMART WATER 
during open bar from 6-7pm
Manicures + PINK nail color by Blush Nail Lounge
Massages by Sarah Jayne Solutions and Massage Therapy by Chrissy
Makeovers by the Ayari’s Makeovers team!
Henna provided by Quick Brows Zone
Products from L’Oreal, Mary Kay, ARTISTRY, Pur Minerals and more!
Hors D’ourves
Desserts provided by The Cake Monologues
Apparel by Wildboy Clothing
A gift from City Slips
And more…soon to be mentioned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment