Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to Us!



Video Song: Heads Will Roll (A-Track Remix) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
 ________________________________________________________________________


Hey Guys!

So I just turned 24 ( September 11th ) and this is my VERY FIRST BLOG. So I’m excited that you are reading this right now.  This is going to be not just any ordinary blog but more of a visual diary of our lives. my dream is to become a well known Publicist representing people with talent, organizations, venues ….etc. 
 
Here's a little bit about me….

I’m Samantha Vargas I was born and raised in New Rochelle, NY. Most people would describe me as the “Social butterfly/HUSTLER” I get along with everyone & I’m everywhere! I’m very career oriented at the moment; I have this hunger for work! However, I do feel that it’s important to live life to the fullest-- and that’s what I do! I live life with no regrets. I embrace the good with the bad! Balance to me is the key to life… 


I can’t just work and work with no play! What’s life if you can’t celebrate and enjoy it?
 

At the age of 14 I started my FIRST JOB, it was then I realize how good it feels to EARN & make your own money. By the time I was 17 I entered the “night life.” I began working in night clubs, different restaurants, and promoting my own parties; I loved every aspect of it! I continued this lifestyle while I was enrolled in St. John's University; I also found the time to Intern for Diamante Pictures and MTV. In 2008, I graduated from St. John's University with B.A. in Communications. While I was in college I was introduced to bunch of lovely ladies, we later pledged and became founding sisters of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
 
Currently I hold two jobs, at Urban Lifestyle Media and Sazon Restaurant. I’ve been at Sazon since it opened - I’m an administrative assistant, I deal with reservations, events and typical office work. I also do coverage for hosting and cocktail waitressing when needed.  It’s pretty awesome working at a hot spot where various celebrities come in and dine. I’ve worked for the owners, when I was 18 at one of their nightclubs, so everyone treats me like a little sister. 


Now, at Urban Lifestyle Media aka Urban Latino I’m there PR girl! It’s pretty exciting giving the fact that this is my “First” career move since I graduated.  Jessica was the one who got me the interview! 

I adore that woman. She is so creative and intelligent! Together we make an amazing team. It’s kind of funny we are SO different in personalities but when we work together it’s a movement...(I’m more of the bubbly girly girl and she is more of the sarcastic/serious one) watch out for us! 

We are growing and will become the next “It” girls in this industry (It’s about time to have some determined, intelligent, creative, fun & sexy Latinas out there!) 

This blog will be our weekly diary where we will cover EVERYTHING from exciting events to our personal lives  ...You are basically reading/looking at HISTORY IN THE MAKING!  ;)
 
XO,
Sam
antha

_____


What's up everyone!

I have just hit that quarter century mark...yea that's right!! I recently turned 25 this past Sunday (September 19th).  A lot of my friends make fun of me for being one of the first to make it to this milestone in life...

But hey, why be hung up on age? It's just bringing me closer to my goal of becoming a COUGAR!!! Yesssssss...(JK)...but seriously its just an opportunity to celebrate!


So, anyway here's a little bit of info on me.  My name is Jessica Ramirez. I was born and raised in the "Boogie Down." Since I love everything artsy and creative, I naturally graduated with a B.F.A. in Graphic Design from St. John's University. In school, I was very focused on doing well and started an internship with Urban Lifestyle Media my junior year.  That's the same year, Samantha and my other crazy friends came together and became founding sisters of Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc


So I've been working with ULM for about 4 years now as the Senior Graphic Designer. My very first cover was Don Omar (Issue #81)! I'm obviously still very proud (lol). Anyways, while working here I feel as though I've learned every aspect of this business from marketing to website design to producing radio shows and more. Clearly this has had its perks from meeting famous people to attending exclusive events - made evident in this fun-filled weekend. 

So make sure to check out our pictures and videos!!!


XO
Jessica 

_________

Photography by Alx Guzman www.alxguzman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment